How to install your Wigs!!
It's very easy to install a wig in less than 30 minutes!!
Our wigs at www.michellesglamwigs.com are mostly glueless so you do not need to put any glue and we can custom put a band upon request.
Installing a full lace wig requires careful preparation and attention to detail to ensure a secure and natural-looking fit. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to install a full lace wig:
Prepare Your Hair and Scalp:
- Start by washing and conditioning your natural hair to ensure cleanliness.
- If necessary, braid your hair or create cornrows close to your scalp to provide a flat foundation for the wig.
- Use a wig cap that matches your scalp color to secure your natural hair and create a smooth surface for the wig.
Preparing the Wig:
- Gently remove the wig from its packaging and give it a shake to loosen the hair.
- Customize the wig if needed by trimming the lace to match your desired hairline. Be cautious and trim small sections at a time to avoid cutting too much.
- Apply a skin-safe adhesive or wig glue around the perimeter of your hairline. Use a brush or your fingertips to spread a thin, even layer.
- Allow the adhesive to become tacky. Refer to the specific product's instructions for the recommended drying time.
Placing the Wig:
- Align the wig with your natural hairline, starting from the front and gradually moving backward.
- Gently press the lace onto the adhesive, starting from the center and moving outward.
- Use a comb or your fingertips to press the wig firmly onto the adhesive, ensuring a secure attachment.
Blending and Styling:
- Once the wig is securely in place, adjust the position to ensure a natural look.
- Use a comb or your fingertips to blend your natural hair with the wig, ensuring a seamless transition.
- Style the wig as desired using heat styling tools, being mindful of the wig's care instructions.
- Trim any excess lace at the back of the wig, being careful not to cut into the hairline.
- Apply some concealer or foundation that matches your skin tone along the hairline to further blend the lace and create a natural appearance.
- Style your wig as desired, whether it's straightening, curling, or adding accessories.
Maintenance and Removal:
- Follow the manufacturer's guidelines for caring for your full lace wig to maintain its quality and longevity.
- When you're ready to remove the wig, gently lift the lace edges and apply a wig adhesive remover or solvent to dissolve the adhesive.
- Slowly peel off the wig, starting from one side and gradually moving across the hairline. Be careful not to pull or tug on your natural hair.
Remember, practice and patience are key when it comes to installing a full lace wig. Take your time, follow the steps diligently, and seek assistance if needed. With practice, you'll become more proficient in achieving a secure and natural-looking installation.